Meet Snoopy the pet robot!
Meet Snoopy, an open-source pet robot! Snoopy is a 300mm, round-base, mid-size DIY 3D-printable indoor pet robot compatible with Kaia.ai software platform.
Snoopy was designed in Fusion 360 in 05/2023 and printed using a Voron 2.4r2 350mm.
Once finished, Snoopy will act as a pet - look cute, play ball, hide-and-seek and chase, demand its owners’ attention and greet its owners happily at the door. To get a feel of what Maker’s Pet robots will do, watch Snoopy (in a simulation)
Utility functions will include patrolling the house.
Please keep in mind that we are still in product development phase - please sign up for the mailing list below to be notified about product launch. You are also welcome to join our Facebook group and Reddit.
- A 300mm round base.
- 3D-printable and moddable:
- Requires a 300x300mm or larger build volume.
- 2 bumpers, 4 bumper sensors, 5 cliff sensors.
- A smartphone or a 7” tablet acts as as a head display.
- ESP32 micro-controller.
- Arduino firmware
- Room mapping using a 360-degree laser distance sensor (ROS2-based).
- Fully autonomous indoor navigation (ROS2-based).
- Kaia.ai software platform compatible:
- Off-the-shelf character and skills (work-in-progress)
- Design-and-code a custom character (work-in-progress)
- Design-and-code custom skills (work-in-progress)
DIY Hardware Build
Develop and Mod
- PC setup for developers
- ROS2 robot description package
- Firmware mod instructions here
- Kaia.ai TODO